Monday 13 May 2013

Yes!

Super nerdy day in today. I spruced this site up a wee bit and I'm so pleased about how it looks. It feels like a real thing now :) even though it is just to record my day to day and send back to my parents when they miss me. 

Yesterday Oliver and I went to get coffee at Takk in Manchester, but didn't check it was open first. It wasn't. Closed Sundays. Who closes Sundays? Well, they do. We decided to head to our default coffee place in town, North Tea Power on Tib Street, but, unsurprisingly, it was mobbed. If you haven't been, you should. The coffee is top notch. They do fancy coffee prep, the kind I've only seen in Berlin, at The Barn, and in Liverpool, at Bold Street Coffee. The cakes are not that great in my experience, they always have a lingering staleness, which is a shame.

Instead we popped two doors down to Fyg. I've never been before. It's a little quieter, has an impressive deli, and a few too many bad Beatles covers. We ordered a Manchego and Serrano ham open sandwich, with crushed garlic tomatoes and a honey mustard dressing that I'll need to find bottled. It was very good.




Food pictures aren't quite as sexy when you've half eaten what's on the plate.

We watched Star Trek: Into Darkness, with dream villain Benedict Cumberbatch. He wasn't as attractive as when playing Sherlock, but I still found him fairly appealing. I enjoyed the film a lot.... I don't have an especially sophisticated taste in films these days. Not that I ever did (Unstoppable, anyone?). It really hit the spot. It was a dreary and miserable day, but a pretty nice one.




I did some eBaying when we got home. I didn't sleep well the night before, stressing about our travel budget, so I put my worries to practical use by trying to sell off all the crap we've accumulated. Today has been a good day too. I made budget 'whatever's in the cupboard' scones...


What was in the cupboard? Sugared rose petals that I usually nibble on from the jar. I did a little bit of planting in my concrete jungle.




And that's that. Work tomorrow. Sigh.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 GingeFringe, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena