Sunday 5 May 2013

Impromptu Birthday Cocktails

I spent an unexpected post payday Monday with Alanna and Jenni to celebrate Jenni's 25th birthday, and her first in Manchester. I spent more money and drank more cocktails than I had planned to; but I can't complain because we had a dream day.
We shopped about and I treated myself to this wee necklace. That's £10 I can't spend in South America, but I am very fond of it!


Hula Bar and Lola's are both in the half of the Northern Quarter closer to Piccadilly station than the Printworks. I like the hidden away gems and mid week happy hours. On my current budget, 2 for 1 is the only way to drink cocktails. Lots of the places opening recently have a very European feel and make me think I'm in Amsterdam or Berlin. Days like this help to convince me I'll be living here in future, after travelling.





We ended on a late night search for a Chinese buffet. We were desperate, without a care for cost or quality, but every door closed on us with a 'sorry, closing now'. We settled on McDonald's and called it a night. I missed Game of Thrones. That's how much fun I had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 GingeFringe, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena