Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Unexpected Positives of My Crappy Job

This weekend was long and chaotic and reminded me of just how many people I've met working in Stockport. You need weekends like that to help you get over how much you hate your job. I spent Friday at work, then went for drinks and karaoke with dozens of people I didn't know this time last year. I got unexpectedly ditched by Kim and Alanna (tongue in cheek, they just went home) but it was kind of liberating because I got to hang out with a bunch of people I normally wouldn't. It was a very expensive night by my cheap standards.

Saturday was spent on a Didsbury-centric bar crawl for Kimbo's birthday. I suffered from heartburn and self pity but pulled it together to have a really good day and night with a whole load of new people. I carried a big bottle of Gaviscon around and eventually into a club on Deansgate Locks, which got me a funny look from the bouncer. 

I spent Monday mostly at home but went for some bowling with Alanna and Kim. Turns out All Star Lanes is very popular on bank holiday Monday so we went for James Franco instead and watched Oz: The Great and Powerful. It wasn't as great and powerful as I'd hoped but it was fairly enjoyable. There is a super cute monkey called Finlay that I think saved it.

I've been meaning to take my camera out a bit more, my big fancy camera, but it's really not an option on nights out. The cinema isn't an ideal location for photography either so the car it was. It's nice getting snaps of these two in a place we spend much of our time; Alanna's car.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 GingeFringe, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena