Monday 2 September 2013

Shamphree - week 5



HEY! This blog has moved. Loads more Shamphree info at CAREFUL KIM.

Today marks 5 weeks since I first Shamphreed my hair. It's been an interesting adventure. Saturday night just gone was the first time that I considered just giving it all up. I was getting ready for a night out and just considering how to work around my kinda greasy, kinda bicarby hair, whilst at a friend's house. In the end, I sucked it up, straightened and plied my scalp with dry Shampoo. My hair was perfectly presentable. Soon, I'd consumed enough rum to make me forget all about it.

My biggest peeve right now is the bicarby residue that Shamphreeing seems to be leaving behind. I've tried more bicarb, less bicarb, more vinegar, more brushing in the shower. Right now, I have just drying hair and its at this stage I begin to feel the salty kind of sea hair roots. The first time I Shamphreed, I just had clean hair, now it seems to be clean at the top, the front but just a bit gross underneath. (Update: my hair is now dry and actually, the bicarb gunky roots are nowhere near what they were. This is an improvement!)

I'll do a little more research from How To Hair Girl to see if she's answered the question. She probably has, she's dedicated.
I ordered some shea butter from Amazon last week and I'm just awaiting its arrival. I'm excited to give 'liquid gold' a try. It's a mix of shea butter and coconut oil to soften and moisturizer your hair. My bleached ends are starting to look and feel a little rough. They need a trim and some love, which I'll get to this week.

On the back of this adventure my friends got me some cute little natural treats to take on my trip; oils and deodorants and creams. I'm trying to decide if I'll be able to maintain a Shamphree routine in Brazil. My immediate thought is 'no'. Unless I could get the bicarby root sitch under control, I think I'll just go for an easier option. I'll be busy and hot and won't have much space or luggage so some solid Lush shampoo bars may be a good option. I'm really looking forward to my blonde growing out and enjoying natural softer hair for a change. I have some established roots just now, a couple of inches, and I don't think I'll be sorting those out before I go. It's just delaying the inevitable. Inevitable ginger hair, a million miles from the shade it once was.

In other news I've been regularly enjoying my daily Emerald Street fix. It's a free email newsletter from a sister publication of Stylist magazine (my absolute favourite). There's a dedicated Manchester edition too and I'm constantly impressed by its up to date reviews and recommendations. Find it here: Emerald Street

I stumbled upon a lovely web design company, with beautiful and clean layouts... Square Space

They create the design of this site: Kenko Kitchen. It's a delicious recipe blog full of healthy and interesting food ideas.

I went to my cousin Lee's wedding last weekend, which was just lovely. I love an excuse for the whole family to be in one place. We were missing a couple of new mothers and their partners but otherwise it was fantastic. Many, many pictures to follow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 GingeFringe, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena